Novell OES Update – New Bugfix release
A quick thanks to all the beta testers helping us with testing our new PaperCut version for iPrint on OES Linux. We’ve had a series of bugs/suggests reported and I’ve actioned most of these in today’s release. The 8.5.6708 release contains:
- Support for a various username formats seen on Novell networks (e.g. username@macadd, .username.domain, username\domain).
- Improved auto detection of eDirectory LDAP settings.
- Added warning if installing on any 64-bit OS. The beta release is currently targeting 32-bit only but we’ll support 64-bit on final release. (We’re just trying to minimize variables during the beta program!)
- Documented the need to open ports 9191 and 9192 in the firewall. OES has strict firewall defaults!
- Miscellaneous documentation improvements that should make installation a little easier and/or more “the Novell way”.
The remaining suggestion not actioned in this release is the auto-registration of printers. At the moment a single print job is required on each printer to trigger of the registration of the printer. I’m conducting some R&D in this area and hope to have a better solution soon.
You’ll find the latest release on the PaperCut NG downloads page.
Thanks again to all the testers and please continue to email me with your ideas (and dare I say, “bugs”!).